So you are looking for a program that checks for grammar and spelling errors, Grammarly may be what you want. To try it out I have signed up for the free version to see what it contains, and implemented into my laptop browser as well as my phone. Here is what to expect of your Grammarly Download!
What Does Grammarly Do?
- Grammar and Punctuation – While you are typing, Grammarly will give you real-time advice on your grammar and punctuation, allowing you to change any mistakes immediately.
- Spell Check – Obviously you will need a program to check your spelling, once again as you are typing.
- Plagiarism (premium only) – Especially useful for students, this will compare your writing to billions of other web pages.
- Writing Style (premium only) – Grammarly will also give you in the moment help about things such as sentence length and readability.
Who is Grammarly for?
- Students (all levels)
- Business professionals
In this day and age, there is plenty of help to ensure that your writing has no spelling errors or grammatical mistakes. Whatever your reason for writing, Grammarly can help you fix any problems you may have.
How Much Does Grammarly Cost?
There are a few different options you can go with. Of course, there is the free version, which you can definitely use for however long you want to see if you like it. If you need a little more help or need to use some of the extra tools such as the plagiarism checker, then you will want to upgrade to the premium version.
You can choose from 3 different payment options :
- Monthly at $29.95/month
- Quarterly at $59.95, which works out to $19.98/month.
- Annually at $139.95, which is $11.66/month.
- Works as you are typing in real-time
- Helps with a multitude of issues, including spellcheck, grammar, and others
- Plagiarism checker is very helpful for students
- It is a little pricey, especially if you are just starting out.
- The Grammarly phone app can be a little too much since most texts or messages are not proper and triggers Grammarly to fix it.
If you do any kind of typing for school or work, at the very least you should download the free version of Grammarly. I use it myself and it makes writing blog posts so much easier.
If you do most of your work on a computer, then the premium version is for you. Although it does cost $29.99/month, you can lower this cost by purchasing in advance, and you get the plagiarism tool and writing style help as well.
What do you think? Have you used Grammarly in the past or use it currently? If so let me know in the comments how you liked it? Or if you have any questions please feel free to leave that below as well!